Complex Family Planning
The Division of Family Planning Services and Research at Stanford University offers comprehensive, compassionate reproductive care for women of all backgrounds. Stanford faculty and staff provide individual care to women in a safe, respectful, supportive and friendly environment. The Family Planning clinic provides family planning services for women who seek birth control options, management of unintended and abnormal pregnancies, contraception for women with complex medical issues, difficult IUD/Implant insertion and removal, and comprehensive abortion care. The Family Planning division is also committed to research, resident physician and fellow training, and education in the field of family planning.
Please visit our Contact Information page if you would like to set up an appointment.
The Stanford Family Planning Clinic provides:
- Contraception – all types: pills, patches, rings, injectables, IUDs (Mirena®, LILETTA®, PARAGARD®, Skyla®, Kyleena®), implants (NEXPLANON®)
- Contraception for high risk women – contraception for patients with complex, challenging or chronic medical conditions
- Emergency contraception – “Plan B - One Step”, ella®
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Medication abortion
- Termination of pregnancy up to 24 weeks
- Permanent female methods
- Medical and surgical management of miscarriage
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) management