How to Apply
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology accepts six residents at the PGY-1 level and participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and in the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). All applications from individuals who have completed or are completing requirements at an accredited medical school will be considered.
Stanford Medicine believes that a residency and fellowship program that is composed of individuals who are both highly qualified and diverse in terms of culture, class, gender, race, ethnicity, background, work and life experiences, skills, and interests is essential to the postgraduate education of physicians. Because of its strong belief in the value of diversity, we welcome appliants from those who identify as Black, Latinx, indigenous, immigrant, LGBTQ+ and other groups traditionally underrepresented in medicine.
Application and Interview Information
The department participates in the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
The following materials are required for a complete residency application:
- ERAS application (incl. personal statement, curriculum vitae)
- Passed USMLE Step 1
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation, one of which must be the Standardized Letter of Evaluation (SLOE), uploaded through ERAS
- Medical school transcript
Suggestion: Choose letter writers who know you well professionally and when listing publications in your CV include the PMID.
A limited number of outstanding individuals will be granted personal, virtual interviews at Stanford. There will be a waitlist for select applicants. These interviews will be conducted late October through mid-November (see below for dates) from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. PST. All applicants invited to interview are guaranteed an interview spot, although not necessarily on their preferred date. The interview day comprises of multiple individual interviews with faculty, residents, and fellows, and several presentations and opportunities to interact with residents.
- Completed ERAS applications and all supported documents: October 1, 2022
- Applications received after October 1, 2022 will not be considered
- Interview offers sent: October 25, 2022
- Interviews conducted: October 31, November 7, November 14, 2022
- Second Look for Diversity: TBA (for select applicants, by invitation only)
- Rank lists due: March 1, 2023
- Match Day: March 17, 2023
- Start of orientation: June 12, 2023
Residency Program Manager
Phone: (650) 498-7570