The ACGME accredited Fellowship in Complex Family Planning at Stanford University maximizes the resources of one the world’s premier universities. The program blends clinical training, with public health education, and offers opportunities for experience in international settings, policymaking, advocacy and clinical or basic science research. In addition to focused training in complex family planning (complex family planning (including abortion, contraception and early pregnancy management), fellows are also members of the Gynecology Service in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Stanford. The concomitant existence of a Ryan Training Program offers the fellow potential for a significant teaching and supervisory role between Family Planning Fellows and Ob/Gyn Residents.
See the Society of Family Planning's Fellowship in Family Planning website.
Fellowship interview dates
Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Wednesday, August 30, 2023
Please contact Victoria Contreras, Family Planning Program Coordinator with any questions.
The Stanford Fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery is a unique program, equally dividing time between urogynecology and urology, with 4 fellowship-trained faculty in these fields. The clinical year(s) also includes rotations with colorectal surgery and geriatrics, as well as time with neurology for comprehensive education regarding the care of female patients.
Instruction is emphasized in:
The research year can involve any aspect of FPMRS, with laboratory experience in either urology or urogynecology.
The Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Fellowship at Stanford is an outstanding two year program that provides both clinical training and unique opportunities to collaborate and engage in original research. Approximately 70% of the fellow’s time will involve clinical activities; protected times will be available to the fellow for research as the remaining 30% of the time will be spent dedicated to research, scholarly activities, and advocacy. Fellows will be expected to design and implement a research project that leads to a presentation (poster, oral) and/or publication prior to completion of the fellowship. Our program will prepare the individual to join an academic Ob/Gyn department as a faculty member and consultant.
Fellows will participate in PAG clinics, as well a variety of subspecialty and multidisciplinary clinics staffed by the PAG faculty. These include clinics for individuals with hematologic disorders, differences of sex development, and complex ano-rectal anomalies. The PAG service at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital sees patients for both medical and surgical consultations and follows patients with PAG problems from infancy through adolescence and young adulthood. Fellows will also have the opportunity to rotate to a variety of other clinics staffed by faculty in Adolescent Medicine, such as those serving patients with eating disorders and gender dysphoria. Our clinic is in the same clinical space as the Adolescent Medicine Clinic at the Stanford Children’s Health Specialty Services site in Sunnyvale, CA.
The PAG fellowship at LPCH offers a number of unique opportunities for collaboration with other internationally and nationally recognized subspecialty services in both pediatrics and gynecology, including
Complex family planning
General gynecology and obstetric services
Gender care clinic
Robotic surgery for gynecologic conditions
Fertility preservation in collaboration with REI and AYA specialists