How to Apply
Application and Interview Dates
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology accepts six residents at the PGY-1 level and participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). All applications from individuals who have completed or are completing requirements at an accredited medical school will be considered. A limited number of outstanding individuals will be granted personal interviews at Stanford. Although senior electives in the department are not required for application, interested students should direct their inquires to the Director of the Medical Student Clerkship in care of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology:
Medical Clerkship Director
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Stanford University School of Medicine
300 Pasteur Drive, Rm. HH333
Stanford, CA 94305-5317
The department participates in the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). To apply for Residency, contact your Dean’s Office. Paper applications will not be accepted. A minimum of three letters of recommendation are required to be uploaded through ERAS.
Applications received after October 1, 2018 will be considered for waitlist only. The deadline for submission of electronic applications is November 15.
- Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Monday, November 26, 2018
- Monday, December 3, 2018
- For further questions, call the Residency Program Manager: Gloria King at (650) 498-7570 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foreign medical school graduates should write to:
P.O. Box 13467
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3467
- Stanford Health Care believes that a residency and fellowship program that is composed of individuals who are both highly qualified and diverse in terms of culture, class, gender, race, ethnicity, background, work and life experiences, skills, and interests is essential to the postgraduate education of physicians. Because of its strong belief in the value of diversity, Stanford especially encourages applications from women and from African Americans, Mexican Americans, Native Americans and mainland Puerto Ricans, as well as from others whose backgrounds and experience provide additional dimensions that will enhance the postgraduate education program.
- View the House Staff Policies & Procedures for the current academic year
- Class of 2023 starts orientation June 15, 2019